Blue Screen!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by macromp, Sep 27, 2002.

1. macromp

macromp the retarded one

about every 10 mins i get a messaga saying DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
    Then it tells me about disabling BIOS shadowing and Cacheing (which i have no idea about!) and then it says
    STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF874000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000 x 0xF9CA8FD)
    Then it says something about Alcan5wn.sys
    It's really annoying, does anyone know how to stop it?

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

It it appears you ADSL Modem drivers are causing the problem, you probably need to update them

Ensure you have the latest software upgrade from Alcatel especially if using Win XP.

3. macromp

macromp the retarded one

OK thanks, i'll try it when i get home.

4. Spider

Spider Guest

Hey guys!
    I get a similar problem, it says it's copying memory to disk. does this till it reaches 100%. reboots, and sometimes does it again (and again) till it finally reboots OK. Havent't added any new hardware since this started. Dont know y it keeps doing this! can anyone plz help?

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Everytime Windows crashes it saves a socalled dumpfile. If you press Winkey+break - advanced - startup and recovery - settings, you can choose whether you want a full or minidump or nothing at all. Anyhow it is of use to some rare experts only.
    At the same place you should also uncheck 'automatic restart' to prevent Windows from automatically restarting without showing you an errormessage. Also check eventviewer. You should get some hints what's going wrong there.
    (Sorry if some of the terms are not literally correct. My XP doesn't speak english)

6. macromp

macromp the retarded one

thanks Khayman, it seems to be working so far! :)