Blocking ADs across all browser types?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sidefx, Feb 23, 2007.

1. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

Hey guys I'm hoping you can help me with a program I'm looking for that blocks ads no matter what browser you're using. It is a paid program. It has the ability to download an updated list.

I use to use this program but haven't in a long time. I use mainly FF, but switch to IE for various things. This program would allow me to have a list of blocked sites/strings which would prevent ads from appearing.

Any suggestions please...

2. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

There are so many of these freeware and shareware, you did mention that it is a paid program you were looking for and cant remember.

could it be panicware http://www.panicware.com/index.html

3. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

The program which you linked to I believe only stops POP-UP ads not ads directly on the site like AdBlock Plus does for FF.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

5. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

Yes! Thank you.

6. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

Wow i love this program. Nomore ads. I never even thought it was possible.

7. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

I couldn't agree more. I've used this in the past until switching primarily to Firefox, however, I still use IE for various things and hate seeing so many irritating Ads. I guess using Firefox with the Ad Block extension has spoiled me somewhat and therefore I came looking here in hopes that someone could remind me of it.