Blocking a certain cookie

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Franky, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Franky

Franky Guest

Hi

Is there a way to easly block a certain cookie ? I run adaware a lot of times a week and evertime it find's the doubleclick cookie and I don't like it anymore ! so is there a way to block it? without having to accept every stupid cookie that want's acces to my pc

Tnx
    Franky

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

In IE, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy.

Click on Edit, then add the following addresses:

doubleclick.com
    doubleclick.net

That's it.

3. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

thanks Reg, those are the 2 ******* websites that always show up on adware when scanning. learn sumtin new everyday!

4. Franky

Franky Guest

thnx I hope it will help because i was gettig sick and tired of them do you know wothc website puts them on my pc ?

Franky

5. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

There is no website that puts it on your PC. Doubleclick is an advertising service. Websites signup for Doubleclick so that they can earn money by serving ads on their websites. So, any site that has Doubleclick banners will try to add the cookie to your computer. Doubleclick's cookie tracks how many banners have been served to your computer, how often are they served, and what you click on. This information gets logged into a central database. From there, it tries to serve banners based on what you click on.