Black Hawk Down

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by GMeagle86, May 8, 2004.

1. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

For some reason whenever I go to play Black Hawk Down, I will go though the menus and it will load the game, then all of a sudden maybe 5 sec into the game. The video will lock up, I can still hear the audio. I have the ATI Radeon 8500 card. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

3. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

I did try those the other day, and it caused me many problems. I ended up having to do system restore to get my system back to normal. My computer would freeze soon after starting windows. I would click the start menu, and it would freeze as it was trying to make the fade transition. I have never had much success with ATI drivers. Is there another option I could try? I would like to upgrade my drivers, but it causes me so much trouble when I do....

4. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

post your system specs for us, would you please.

5. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

AMD 1.8GHz
    1GB of DDR Ram
    Sound Blaster Live
    ATI 9600 PRO Graphic Card (correction from above)
    80GB Hard Drive
    Win XP Pro

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

That system should play the game just fine. I have never had any problems with ATI drivers, and the game has never locked up on me, so Im kinda wondering if you have a problem elsewhere. When was your last reformat?

7. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

I had to completly reformat my hard drive about 2 months ago..due to a computer crash while uninstalling a service pack....

This post almost describes my problem exactally...but this person got his computer working by upgrading his bios....
    http://www.gameheaven.nl/forum/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=66

My bios is: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG with the Date as: 09/02/02

I can't seem to find any updates, maybe I am not looking in the right place.

8. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

actually, try disabling the vpu recover on the card. that is in the settings page. sometimes you just need to ride out the lockup, i have to do that with my 9200 from time to time. it fixes itself, and just hums along happily ever after.

9. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

I will try that. I think I need to install ATI's drivers to get to the setting's page....I currently let windows find the best driver for the card. But like I said earlier, the newest catylist gave me tons of problems. Is there any other driver for the card?

10. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

I tried disabling VPU recover on the card. It still locks up my computer. I was finally able to get the new ATI drivers installed, but they arn't 100% stable. Every so often my computer screen will just go black, and my monitor will power down. I then have to restart to get my picture back. It is getting frustrating.

11. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator