BitTorrent on your mobile

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by SPeedY_B, Jun 5, 2006.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Oh dear :D

Link : http://dave1010.googlepages.com/wizbit
    Via : http://torrentfreak.com/

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

wow that will be intersting. :)

3. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i was about to say that this is stupid, but considering that in Japan, mobile net speeds are in the mbit range, and their phones routinely can either stream or store tons on movies and music, its not such a bad idea, eventually they'll just be mini computers which they essentially are now, but just a lot slower than most.

In 5 yrs i'd say most new phones will have at least a 2ghz cpu in them, and possibly a gpu and sound card. now that would be miniaturization.

4. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

well, looks like I can grab the PYS60 client and run this soon. Might give it a little look tonight if I can be bothered and/or remember.

Looks like the screenshots are from a 6600 also, so looks promising. Dunno, how this will work tho as doesnt current GPRS data services prices per k/b... if thats the case then its going to cost a fortune!

5. SPeedY_B

In the UK yes, GPRS is priced per MB. If you're on a data based plan though you can get quite a lot of free data per month.

You're not exactly going to be downloading gigs and gigs of data, more like the odd java game or similar. :)

6. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

in the usa, sprint has a service that is $49 per month for unlimited bandwidth.

7. SPeedY_B

If only that were available here. :(

8. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

Ahhh the Joy of havein Broadband speeds on a Fone :p

Cant wait to try these App's out like the P2P one Come On!!!

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

**** then they will really be tracking you down, insted of just coming to your door, well i hope it supports wifi, cuz my 80 has wifi, and it would be fun to tell people ohh im downloading this on my phone :p

10. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

heh considering how easy it is to pinpoint a person emitting a radio wave with an ID signature from their pocket yoou can expect to get up close and friendly with your favourite RIAA agent :D

11. SPeedY_B

I really don't think the point of it is to blatantly pirate hundreds of mp3's.

12. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

True...but then no one really expected that problem to crop up on the internet. All it takes is one enterprising individual, and come on it is the RIAA, of course they are going to demand money from all those pirated ringtones.