BIOS Update

maffew

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi,
I'm trying to update my BIOS but I can't find the one I need. Can anyone help?

My info:
BIOS Date: 07/19/00
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 07/19/2000-694X-686A- 6A6LJD4DC
OEM Sign-On: None
Chipset: VIA 82C691 rev 196
Superio: VIA 686 rev 34 found at port 7h

This is my first time updating, so any good websites, programs or tips would be appreciated.

Any help would be great

Last edited:
Download CPU-Z and then unzip the files inside.

Run the file cpuz.exe and click on the mainboard tab. Let us know what it says for manufacturer and model then maybe we can help you further.

It doesn't say anything under manufacturer or model. Chipset, southbridge and sensor are the only fields filled out under the motherboard section.

Chipset: Via Apollo Pro Rev C4
Southbridge: Via VT82C686
Sensor: Via 686A/B

Nothing is filled out under BIOS either. It's grayed out. It's a pretty old computer.

Thanks for your response :)

Glad I could help. Give me a minute and I will get you the BIOS download page, if you don't have it already.

Thanks alot

But does it matter if it's EC or SC?
If not than that's it.

Thanks everyone for your help

The BIOS update for both boards is the same, so no worries.

Im back...
When I try to flash it using Winflash, it gives me an error message:
Please load the correct BIOS file!

Thanks

Use the awdflash.exe that is bundled with it. Older MB's do not support flashing from Windows.

that would be the way. make a bootable floppy in windows. add the awardflash exe to it and the bios file and then reboot into a dos program and follow the instructions

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back