Bios Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by canadian_divx, Apr 29, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i flashed my bios on the recomendation of asus becuase i needed to specify to boot from the AGP and i got the newest one and it is not a beta and it is for the correct board nad rev # but when it boots upi go to enter the award flash utility and when i am there i cant type anything in to select the file, which i need to do to revert it back to my old bios,

does anyone know why it wont let me type anything in???

2. dubstar

dubstar format c:

i have no clue why it wont let you tinker around in there, but,

isnt it possible to turn off the computer, take out the battery in the mobo, and it will clear the bios?

not sure, but i think i read that around here somewhere..

good luck

3. canadian_divx

yeay that did it, i got into windows and i am just going to flash it from there with the previous one thanks for the tip

4. canadian_divx

but now i can not set the FSB, my 2000+ chip is running at 1.250ghz, help agian anyone??

5. canadian_divx

and to add on top of that when ever i boot into the bios and change it and save and exit, it hangs, it does nothing and just site there with a constent HDD light, no flickering or anything, and nothing happens. when i just turn it off and back on it says that it is running in a safe mode for the CPU speed and it is under clocked, hit del to correct this

it is just an endless loop HELP PLEASE

6. canadian_divx

ok i got it now dont worry