Big Problem with corrupt folder...please help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Summmer, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Summmer

Summmer OSNN One Post Wonder

Straight to the pt. I have a :dead: corrupt folder:dead: ...It was my shared folder I used with limewire and I belive my hubby downloaded something bad that has corruted the entire folder...it's been corrput for mths now but it's really starting to bug me because I can't run defrag or some programs on my pc because of this folder....when it's clicked on or accessed in anyway it closes down the program being used...even explorer when I try to delete it, my questions is what can I do to fix and get rid of this folder? I don't know anything about dealing with this kind of situation...thanks for any help:nervous:

Summer

2. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

3. Summmer

Summmer OSNN One Post Wonder

okay tried that and it closed the moveonboot program when I tried to select the file...I do have avast virus scanner, don't know what else to do, anymore advice?

Summer

4. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Run a search for process explorer in Google, it comes from SysInternals. There is likely something holding onto that folder at boot.

Might be wise to start us off with a hijackthis log as well in this thread.

5. Ben007

Ben007 OSNN One Post Wonder

Has anyone come up with the solution to this problem?? I have exactly the same thing and need halp ASAP!!!!! any suggestions?

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Post a HJT log and we can try to assist :D