Best motherboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by loppdawg69, Feb 25, 2002.

1. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

Friend is thinking of upgrading his comp...he will definetly be using an AMD probably XP 2000+. What are your guys thoughts on choice of motherboard. Gaming/application system, im an Asus man but to many out there with SOYO and MSI etc. Whats your guys thoughts.
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I'd go with a top end soyo's a sweet board, been out there long enough that the bugs are worked out, and it's one of the tops in performance
  3. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

ASUS boards are pretty good too....It depends on your friend and how much he wants to spend on it...
  4. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

about 250 or less is how much he wants to spend
  5. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

im an asus a7 series man myself. The soyo dragon is a nice board. I just built a machine with an MSI k7t266 pro2 board. It was nice but the AMI bios in it isnt compatible with the GeForce4 series video cards yet. (found out the hard way).

I am not one for built on components, but if i am not mistakin, the dragon has a nice sound system built on. The MSI uses the 97 shtuff. It isnt that good.
  6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

What kind of video card does he have? Soyo Dragon has some issues with some Geforce 3 ti500 cards. That is why I went with the Asus A7V266E.
  7. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

Springfield Mo
  8. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    Soyo Dragon Plus. See Signature for my setup

9. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

For me it is the...

My choice has to the the epox 8kha+ got it as soon as it came out,up and running straight out of the box rock solid stable board running at 155mhz without 1 error in XP can push even more,and you can now pick it up cheap for around £85,also works fine with my asus g3 which has had problems with abit boards ie.not detecting during bios(no responses please i tried everything!)
  10. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

NOT MSI that's for sure...

I'm hearing good thing about the Epox BonyTony mentioned and the Shuttle AK35GTR...