Best Laptop?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bootsy, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

I'm looking for an upgrade from my Sony VAIO PCG-FXA36

I'm looking for one with at least 32mg video preferably GeForce2 or 4 Im torn between Satellite and Dell..any suggestions are appreciated.

2. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I have a Dell with a Radeon Mobility and I really like it. I work with alot of Dell's so I am kind of biased towards them. But I haven't had any problems with my laptop.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

my gf has a dell inspiron 8100 with a 64mb (ddr) mobility radeon 7500. it's nice. after she got it they came out with the gf4 440go, which is even better. now you can get em with a p4 2ghz or something and a mobility radeon 9000.

the only gripe i have about it is the plastic case feels fragile, but no problems with it at all.

whatever you do, don't get a laptop with a gf2 go... it's horrible.

4. Ves007

Ves007 Guest

Nah the Sony Vaio is far more better. I forgot what type it was. But I know it's the best Laptop out at this moment.

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

not for games, it's not. the best video "card" that sony offers is a 32mb radeon 7500. it's not bad, but it would have trouble with newer games.

i only mention this because that's something that bootsy is looking for... high-end 3d capabilities.

6. $triker

$triker Guest

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

IBM Thinkpad T30 isnt shabby either.