best graphics card for games?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Dec 3, 2003.

1. games mostly played counter strike. need graphics card thinking more of a Geforce 4 ti4200 any suggestions?

2. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

counter strike is not that much of a resource hog when it comes to Vid performance. A 4200 128mb should be fine for that game

3. Optikal

Optikal your long lost brother

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

5. MJS

MJS Guest

My GF 4 MX 440 runs it at a constant 70+fps all the time. My card is very bad, but CS doesn't even challenge my card

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

would certainly recommend a Ti over an MX card... the Tis are dx8 cards... MX's are dx7...

you don't want to purchasing a card that is 2 gens old if you can help it...

7. oops sry i left one big part out. i need a video card that could handle dual montiors / tv output and it wont lag, my friend told me ati 9200 or a 98000 or somethin like dat, also there a geforce dat he told me but i forgot

8. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Go with a 9700 or 9800 Pro for now and the future.

9. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

You didn't mention how much you were willing to spend. The price range for video cards runs from $50-500.

10. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

My MSI Ti4200 128mb 8X AGP does dual moniters and came with the adapter dvi/crt to allow for 2 crt moniters , and I love my Ti4200 I highly recommend it. For the price its a killer card.

11. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

the ti4200 128mb i mentioned supports dualview. for just under $100, it's a great value. but if you want to spend more, look at a Geforce FX 5700ultra or ATI 9600pro or above.

12. mokuni

mokuni Guest

yea...Ti4200 roxor..i have dual monitoring on....but dont make use of it...lol but the heck its a cheap,good and does your bang for your buck.........