Best Fan Filter?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Vanquished, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Hey Guys,
    I am wondering if anybody knows about a magic fan filter or something. I had a silverstone filter that was great at filtering dust, but it cut back on nearly all airflow. With a filter my top graphics card runs at 79+(I didn't let it get any higher than that) without a filter it runs around 59, 60. I was wondering if anybody knows of a high flow filter or even an electrostatic one or something that would attract dust but very minimally inhibit airflow. I destroyed the silverstone filter trying to open it up but it didn't make a different, having any part of it on ruined airflow...
    This is quite disappointing that I have to surrender to the dust.
    Thanks,
    Jack

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

whatever asus did on the p182 works for me (in fact I need to de-dust them now...)

3. Vanquished

I'm looking for a single fan solution :D
    the filter in the front of the antec 300 is working fin I guess, doesn't move too much air past all the hard drive :(
    I'm probably just going to have no filter over the side fan I guess... I too bad combining fans in series doesnt seem to benefit lol

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I have one filter in front of each fan in take
    no filters on the exhaust fans

5. Vanquished

Well thats how I had my side fan configured, obviously no filters on the out. but having the silverstone filter on the side intake restricts air so much that I can't have it on.
    Too bad they don't make a fan grill thats electrostatic or something so it would just attract dust and not block any airflow.

6. seandenniel

seandenniel OSNN One Post Wonder

Well,
    I am also looking to that magic fan that's why i open this thread because I thought I can find some answer ere.But anyway nice posting..Hope to find it soon.