behind a firewall > how 2 let lan computers access your computer without shutting ...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Jun 7, 2002.

1. i was wondering if there is a way that my computer is behind a firewall, and an other computer from home can access my computer without me turning off the firewall over the network. ALL COMPUTERS are networked and to paraphase it, i was wondering how to let computers on LAN access my computer without me turning off my firewall. CURRENTLLY i use zonealarm with a router. (LINKSYS 4 port DSL/Cable) i use cable. if thats addtional info 4 ya

2. Lithium

Lithium Guest

if your using a router you dont need a software firewall the router is a firewall so just uninstall the firewalls and it should work

3. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

you can put the computers on you LAN in the trusted zone.... and then allow connection in the trusted zone...

4. -[xs]-mirage

-[xs]-mirage Guest

OR

Or you could just share the drives u want to access. OR If u want complete control over the computer i would recommend: RADMIN (Remote Administrator) Download Free version and then install the other thingys on the comps u want to access and boom. Screenshots, full control, power to reboot shutdown etc, and it has File transfer (drag and drop compat) AND!!!! It works with firewalls!!:cool: :D