battlefield 2 and counter strike source

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Scott Young, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Scott Young

Scott Young Real picture of me

Wouldnt everyone agree that the once massive counter source giant is now getting major competition from battlefield 2?

i would like to have a discussion into the possible repercussions on the counter strike community by the already apparent massive success of the recently released BF2:smoker:

i own both, and i used to be a massive cs:s fan, it kinda lost its appeal recently and when i managed to finally get a copy of bf2,(after tryin 5 different stores for 2 weeks:eek:), i have to say it wins hands done in many areas of gameplay:)

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I would not agree :)

First off, BF2 requires a beefy computer to fully enjoy and does not. Secondly CS is STILL massive. It is getting a lot of competition but I meet a lot of people who like me still love the core aspects of CS:S.

CS on a good server is a still thrill and thats why I play it :D

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I don't think BF2 will unseat CS. I've been a BF player for years and never got hooked on CS but I still think CS is a better game. BF2 plays too slow for me, worse than BF was. I like it, but it seems like all I'm doing is trying to get to the action somewhere else. CS and Unreal feel much faster paced.

I ran into shortages of the DVD BF2 version around here too, but it was because EA badly overestimated the demand for the CD version (I talked to a store manager).