Back-up

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by tibboh, Oct 21, 2004.

1. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

I need something simple for the missus to regularly back up her work files - how do you rate the Nero Back-Up facility that comes with the Nero Smart version?

If there is something even simpler (hope she doesn't read this) she WOULD be willing to have a go

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

If you can afford it get a one touch drive - comes with some software even - but the main "feature" is you could program the "one-touch" button yourself as required, then I think that would be pretty simple - she just has to turn on on and "press the button" and wait!

(But I agree this requires spending money on some hardware.... However it is a great piece of kit, I love mine for backing up!)

3. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Thanks for that - just has a quick look at them on Komplett.

Very nice but pricey, although I do like the USB/Firewire idea so if her main 'puter crashes she can hot plug into the daugter's machine rather than me having to open up this 'puter & remove the spare HD and plug it into daughters (after having to reset jumpers etc).

I suppose I could just show her how to back up onto CD - dont know if she would have the patience tho (as she wants it ALL now) he he