back up dvd movies

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sigsays, May 12, 2004.

1. sigsays

sigsays OSNN Junior Addict

i am trying to back up dvd movies.. so i can watch them on my dvd player... right now i do own the originals... i want to know how do i copy a dvd? right now i used dvd shrink.. after it finished burning i popped it i my comp.. worked fine.. but when i popped it into my dvd player... it said cannot read.. please insert a new cd....

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Dvdshrink is the way to go. Did you burn the disc correctly? Did you let dvdshrink do it for you? Is it a +R, -R, -+RW, -RAM, etc?

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Some stand alone DVD players are picky about media you use. Sometimes they only like a certain brand (aka not cheap ones). Also I think some DVD players have a better time w/ different type of DVD recordable media .. one that plays +R might not play -R and vice versa.

-edit- You should perhaps go to a site like doom9.org and punch in your dvd player model and see if it pops up in there forum. Or you could even do a google search.

4. sigsays

i did use dvd shrink... i saved it as a iso... unzipped it... then burned it.... it was -R

i used sony dvd-r's

thanx guys for the help... i'll check doom9.... any more suggestions?

5. dreamliner77

use dvdshrink and save the output and then copy to the VIDEO_TS folder of a nero Dvd video project, or let dvdshrink burn it directly.

6. sigsays

i'll try that

7. dreamliner77