B Grade ; How come?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by SkazzyUK, Sep 26, 2002.

1. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

How bloody odd, I took my GCSE ICT like 8 weeks back got results other day 'B' Grade how poor, There are people in my year so pants at IT and they got A's and A*'s

The School is ****** up man,

I actaully had to explain to my teacher that processors are measured in Herz not Bites FFS Lol

She goes oh the processors in the school are 1.2 gigabyte processors :p

Well I don't know,

Then she tried to explain what a processor looked like "well its got this hooks things that all link into the pc" I went yea pins.

SkaZZy:D

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

obviously the people who WROTE the test were related to this teacher of yours... :D

3. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

I'd ask for my money back:D

4. pothitos

pothitos Guest

i know what you mean there, i am always correcting the teachers and then theyre afraid to admit theyre wrong.

5. SkazzyUK

But wot sux the most is that people with A's have been offered a whole GCSE not just a half course, so I gotta do R.E :(

The test is soooo stoopid tho, some questions the answer could be either and its both they are both right ffs,

6. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Me too. I corrected teachers while I was at college and they never admitted they were wrong. One teacher said "are you the teacher or me!?".

What level of ICT was it? Foundation :D, Intermediate or Advanced (AVCE) :cool: ?

7. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Rule number one when answering questions in exams that are based on specific subjects like computing or cookery is: -

Make sure you know the expected answer. If the question is “what is a processor” and you answer, “it’s a means of mixing up food using an electrical appliance quickly” and that’s the answer they are looking for, then the answer is correct; you made the mistake of thinking. You don’t get extra marks for this (thinking) until you’re at the postgraduate level.

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Being a more advanced user you may have missed various stages required to gain full marks, I didn't take this subject - I tihnk I took something called Clait's but never really took my certificate.

One of my biggest problems in exams is not reading the question thoroughly.

9. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

Don't give up (god knows i did).
    And i don't recommend correcting teachers, one of this days you are going to correct them wrong, and then youl look like an a**hole (God it was embarrassing).
    And Dave is right NEVER THINK...answer exactly what you are told to answer, even if you know its wrong, you may get dumber but its fixable later ;)

10. SkazzyUK

Lol today I said to my teacher "look boss, you know I know more about this subject than u and the whole ICT department do, let me do the full course" she just said "ok"

Sorted mate :)