AWStats / IIS Logging for Server 2003 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by Punkrulz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey guys,

We've been experiencing some weird issues when it comes to IIS Log formatting and the ability to take it into AWStats. I believe that this is the actual IIS Logging problem so I'm posting it in here. There is supposed to be a specific log format that AWstats uses to be able to generate data from the information in the log. The problem is though it seems that the logging somehow gets it's settings changed, and awstats can't read the log. The log is supposed to be WC3 Extended Log File Format, with certain options checked. When logging into the server and checking the options, everything looks good. But when you run the "Update Stats" button from AWStats, you get the following error message:

When I go into the directory where the log file is, I shut down IIS, delete the log file, and then restart IIS... I wait for the new log to be generated, and for awhile the update stats button will work, but then after a day or less or so, the problem continues on with that error message.

Anyone have any ideas on the matter?

2. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Anyone have any idea about this?

3. liquidkool

liquidkool OSNN One Post Wonder

Did you find the solution to this. I am getting the exact same problem on Windows server 2003