Avira AntiVir Personal edition catching something weird?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zapoqx, Sep 29, 2007.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

Ok, I should of mentioned this, but like... a month ago... for some reason, everytime my anti-virus is doing an update, it seems to catch something in the System Volume folder of my C Drive. It is some Long named .exe file that I think has AB as the start of the long letters. I tell it access deny, but its just, I'm wondering what is with that? Any Idea? I'll post a screenshot of it when I can if you need a better idea.

2. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Take the full filename and google it. If my anti-virus (nod32) ever picks something up that I dont recognise thats what I do, I can usually find enough information on it to know whether I should delete the file or ignore it.

Remember you might need to boot into Safe Mode to successfully delete the file if that is what you end up doing.

3. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

System Volume Information folder is where the restore points are kept. Turn off system restore then scan your system for viruses.

4. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

well I can't seem to get it on a virus scan, but I get it on an updates only. I'm waiting for the update to come up.

5. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

6. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

Somewhat in a hurry so here is the images...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That should help