AVI to VCD or SVCD

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I'm just wondering what is the best way to convert an AVI to VCD or SVCD. I have used tmpgenc and it just doesn't do a good job the vcds are always off with the sound. I was wondering if there is anything else that does a better job or an audio extractor that makes the sound good enough...

2. Sparsely

Sparsely Guest

3. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

thanks helpful so far

4. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

you guys will probably slap me but easycd creator 6 does a good job for me. I also use pinnicle 8.6 for capturing and burning vcds

5. *slaps adobo* EZCDC sucks.

Go to www.vcdhelp.com and check out the guides section on the left.. use TMPG Enc to encode the file into mpg and then use Nero to burn to VCD/SVCD.

6. phishhead

hey thats the noob way of getting vcds, but pinnicle is what I use mainly. very user friendly and powerful.

7. n00b way? You kidding? If you know what you are doing you can get VERY high quality VCDs with TMPG Enc. You can also use CCE but its more complicated than TMPG Enc and it costs about ... mm... $3000.

Go here http://www.kvcd.net/e107/ -> TMPG templates... (on the left) and download one of his VCD templates and load it up in TMPG Enc and start encoding.

8. phishhead

when I say noob way you click the file then click on burn as vcd. the easy way.NO brainer VCD ;)