AVG Tells me I have a virus

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

Avg keeps telling me I have a virus in one of my partitions (I:\System Volume Information.....) and then it says to run a complete scan. AVG says it is a trojan BACKDOOR.VB. I am presently running my fourth complete scan of my computer, having found nothing so far. I have tried a freeware trojan remover, it had found nothing. I have tried to find this folder manually (showing all hidden folders) to no avail. My AVG is up to date. This partition is my FTP files dedicated partiton (G6 Server). Is there something someone can recommend for me to try. Or can this be something trying to get through my port21 (FTP) and it is not physically in my computer? I have gone through the upload dedicated FTP folders and no one has put anything in those. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

The specific folder you are looking for is there, and even though you are viewing the hidden folders it will probably still not show. That is the folder where System Restore stores information. You may be able to access it by opening typing the following into the run box (start/run).

"explorer c:\system volume information..." (with the full path and without quotation marks)

Good luck

Awesome Guys,

Thanks for all the help........

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back