AVG Tells me I have a virus

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi guys,

Avg keeps telling me I have a virus in one of my partitions (I:\System Volume Information.....) and then it says to run a complete scan. AVG says it is a trojan BACKDOOR.VB. I am presently running my fourth complete scan of my computer, having found nothing so far. I have tried a freeware trojan remover, it had found nothing. I have tried to find this folder manually (showing all hidden folders) to no avail. My AVG is up to date. This partition is my FTP files dedicated partiton (G6 Server). Is there something someone can recommend for me to try. Or can this be something trying to get through my port21 (FTP) and it is not physically in my computer? I have gone through the upload dedicated FTP folders and no one has put anything in those. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

3. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

The specific folder you are looking for is there, and even though you are viewing the hidden folders it will probably still not show. That is the folder where System Restore stores information. You may be able to access it by opening typing the following into the run box (start/run).

"explorer c:\system volume information..." (with the full path and without quotation marks)

Good luck

4. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Awesome Guys,

Thanks for all the help........

Heeter