auto connect to internet

B

Bretenn

any program or tweaks that can automatically connect to internet b4 i log in?

A little more info is needed please.

From looking at your signature you are on aDSL, is this correct?
If so, then what do you use as a protocol to connect to the internet with? PPPoE?
If it's PPPoE, what connection software do you use? WinXP's own, RasPPPoE... ?

At any rate, goto your Network connections in Control Panel and right click on the Connection you use for Internet and Create a Shortcut. This should bring it to the desktop (if you have one there already, skip this step) then drag it to your start menu / programs and place it in the Startup menu.

When you try to connect to the internet does it popup the Username & Password window? To make it login automatically, right click your connection and goto the options tab and uncheck "Prompt for name and password...."

Hope this helps.

If you are using Windows XP (I don't know if Windows 2000 has the same thing), you can use this:
If you're on dialup or xDSL using a dialup procedure (requiring a password/username to log in), you can use this in the command line window:

Code:
rasdial "[i]<name of connection as in the connection properties>[/i]" [i]<username> <password>[/i]

Place this line in a Batch file (*.bat) and place a shortcut in the Startup folder in you start menu.

To disconnect your connection:

Code:
rasdial /disconnect

Hope this helps.

is it possible to auto connect when in welcome screen??

i heard there is a new bios that will give u internet conenction without even an OS but thats probably years a way :p

i use this
works great, runs as a service and connects my adsl by the time iv booted

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back