auto connect to internet

Swi

gningnegneur
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING all !

I'm wondering how i could make my internet connection to connect automaticaly at boot. Until a few days ago, it was started by MSN but it does not anymore (probably the martians...)
I've already tried puting a shortcut in startup in the start menu and it still doesn't work.

I'm sure it so simple :rolleyes:

thx!

Open IE click tools > Internet Options > Connections,,, Put a mark in dial whenever a network connection is not present that should do it...

You might also want to go into your specific connections properties and remove the chack from anything that mentions prompt...

i'm on dsl and what i do is put aim in auto start , so when windows boots aim tryes to go online and it connects :)

Automatic Login

Try RASPPPoE for ADSL. If you follow the advanced instructions this will create a dialup which you can then run using scheduler. Since it's using your native Windows dialer you can also use it to automatically dial normal dialup accounts as well.

RASPPPoE Win2k/XP Support Doc

See section 5.6 on the above page.

Originally posted by mafiafromrussia
i'm on dsl and what i do is put aim in auto start , so when windows boots aim tryes to go online and it connects :)

I did the same with MSN messenger, but since a few days, it doesn't work anymore....

MiseryQv2.0, the option was already checked was already checked in IE... :(

Re: Automatic Login

Originally posted by Sojourner
Try RASPPPoE for ADSL. If you follow the advanced instructions this will create a dialup which you can then run using scheduler. Since it's using your native Windows dialer you can also use it to automatically dial normal dialup accounts as well.

RASPPPoE Win2k/XP Support Doc

See section 5.6 on the above page.

My connection already uses a dialup and i tried to put a shortcut in in the task scheduler and it didn't work... Even when i right click on the task and click on "Run" it doesn't connect.... :mad:

Originally posted by Swi
it was started by MSN but it does not anymore (probably the martians...)

Nah, the martians are crap with computers, cant get there tentacles around the keyboard. But it might be the Venusians.............................:D

:eek: Where could i find a good anti-Venusians program?

I think that Norton got a new anti-venus beta version :D

seriously, any other ideas???

Why does a simple shortcut in the Startup menu wont work?!? Is there a way to add a /option to the shortcut to force connection when executed by the os (and not by me)????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back