Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by hohner, Jun 15, 2002.

1. hohner

hohner Guest

I have a small but annoying problem regarding my audio. If I am playing a mp3 or other audible media through windows media player (or any other player) and another program creates a sound in the background I get a static kind of scratchy sound.
    I have all the latest sound drivers, as far as I know.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

U using the creative drivers or the junky MS XP drivers from update? I got the same card with no problems here, using the creative drivers.

also what programs u using that create the scratchy sound? what kind of mouse u using (i've heard about usb mouse creating scratchy sound).

let us know
    :D

3. hohner

hohner Guest

The driver I am using is one from Creative..... 3509.2.0.0
    The main program I find is causing the scratchy static noise is windows msn messenger. Like if I am playing a mp3 and someone messages me.
    And the mouse I am using (and keyboard) are cordless Logitech itouch.
    I'll have another look at Creative, see if there's a newer driver out.

4. MAKED0NEC

MAKED0NEC Guest

I used to have the same problem

I had the same problem before with a AC Audio '97 built in sound card. I'm listening to music, and someone IM's me on AIM, I get static. It sucked! I tried everything... changing bios.... drivers..... nothing worked. So I just got a 15$ dollar PCI sound card that works perfect now, and the built in one I turned off in the BIOS.

5. hohner

hohner Guest

I'm pretty sure I have disabled AC Audio in bios, thanks for the tip though - I will double check.