Audigy on 4.1 Speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by acetken, Apr 9, 2003.

1. acetken

acetken "Anything for $50!"

Allright. I got the Logitech 200 watt 4.1 Speakers.

I hooked them up and turned on Winamp. It only plays out of the two front speakers.
    I sound tested my speakers and the back ones are hooked up and work just fine, but not in Winamp. Does Winamp only have 2.1 support? I want it coming out of them all! There's a button on my speakers that turns 2.1 audio into 4.1, but I'd rather have Winamp do it automatically.

I played UT2003 and all speakers function as they should. Sound great.

I played a DVD (Star Wars: Ep. 2) and only the front 2 got sound again. (Using newest WinDVD Platinum) Thinking it defaulted to 2.1, I changed the audio on the DVD to 5.1 (Because there's no 4.1 option) and it still only used the front 2. What the hell gives?

2. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

You have made no mention of your sound card? Does it support 4 channel sound?

3. acetken

acetken "Anything for $50!"

I did in the title, sorry. It's an Audigy with the new hacked Audigy 2 drivers. (No it didn't work before I did the hack either)

P.S. Half Life gives me proper sound too.

4. Tearz

Tearz Guest

Doesn't an audio source (i.e. mp3) have to be 6/5/4.1 etc encoded to play in 6/5/4.1?

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

sound comes out of all 4 speakers on my audigy/4.1 setup no matter what i do. if your sound mixer is set to 4-speaker output, then i have no clue.

[​IMG]

6. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Is it set in Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Advanced (speaker setup part) and set it to quadrophonic... might be it.

7. adek

adek Very xp-erianced

where can i get the hacked drivers???

8. ozulino

ozulino Guest

first go to control panel and and choose quadrophonic speakers, then go to surround mixer and make sure that 4 speakers are on and then uncheck digital output only!

well i hope it works!(it worked on my sblive card)

9. RazerBack

RazerBack The First Rebirth

Have you tried reinstalling WinAmp?
    I had that problem too when I upgraded to a new version of WA. I had previously installed on top of a previous version, restored a backup, works fine. Installed it again, still works!?! go figure.