Audigy Doesnt Like WMP9 Properly?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Alex_is_Axel, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Alex_is_Axel

Alex_is_Axel .:: FTPAlex ::.

I dont think the Audigy Card likes WMP9 because i have installed WMP 9 today and i have noticed a slight slow down in music about 3 seconds into the song. This has happened on two computers both with Audigy Cards installed and yet it hasnt done anything like that on an on-board sound card.. Has anyone else experienced the same problem of song slowness just about 2-3 seconds into the song? :(

Thanx for your time
    :(

Sincerly Alex:cool:

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Works fine on mine ... although I don't use an Audigy.

3. monmusion

monmusion OSNN Addict

I have an audigy here, and no problems here.

4. Alex_is_Axel

Do you just have the drivers from the CD installed monmusion? :huh:

5. monmusion

monmusion OSNN Addict

yeah, i do have the drivers from the cd installed, i installed the newest one's from creative's website last week, and i ran into all sorts of errors, so i had to reinstall my audigy, and now I havent ran into any problems.

6. Alex_is_Axel

oh ok thanx.. ill try re-installing the CD drivers.. i have the new update drivers from the website .. thanx again :cool:

7. Alex_is_Axel

monmusion, do you have all the software Audigy programs such as surround mixer and play center and the creative taskbar and EAX? or did u just intall the drivers? :huh:

8. Alex_is_Axel

from the CD

9. monmusion

monmusion OSNN Addict

I got all the applications installed, and the drivers, but i dont have any running including the eax bar, when ever i use WMP9

10. MonkeyShines

MonkeyShines Guest

I notice the same thing,the speed seems a tad too fast at first and slows a little...Although I have the SB Live 5.1+ that came right before the Audigy. One other thing I noticed,that drives me nuts,is,when watching video in MP9...if you have a website open at the same time and scroll with the mousewheel,the video jitters,and you can hear the scratching every time that the page moves. Never did that before,and didn't do the music slowdown with MP8 either.

11. MonkeyShines

MonkeyShines Guest

I also noticed,and wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the player speed settings. You can actually "MAKE" it do that same thing with those settings,but it's wierd that it has done that from the moment of install,and only WMP,nothing else. It doesn't bother the videos,from what I can tell,just the music itself.

12. Alex_is_Axel

maybe there will be a fic for it sometime soon? :huh:

13. MonkeyShines

MonkeyShines Guest

14. Alex_is_Axel

i hope so too.. its really anoyin