Attempted Intrusion

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mac1, Jan 21, 2004.

1. mac1

mac1 OSNN Addict

Planet Earth, Scottish Highlands
    Hi all
    This is the first time I have seen this one trying to get into my computer, or is it called by another name.

Details: Attempted Intrusion "Nimda Propagation" against your machine detected and blocked,
    Intruder: (4666)
    Risk Leavel: High
    Protocal: TCP
    "the next bits are my IP & Port address which I dont give to anybody"

I have sent all the details to 20020919, and will wait to see what they say,

I am very glad I have a very good anti-virus/firewall, as I have just built my self another computer, and just fininhed installing everthing and getting the first updates from Symantec about 2hrs before this happened.

I would like to know what you think of these attacks or am I being a bit paronide, if it's a person trying to get into other peoples computers I think they must be a bit sick in the head, but that' just my humble opinion.

But then this is a funny old world we live in.

to finnish a lighter side, to all those in the good old usa and europe that has been hit with all that bad weather, "don't eat yellow snow"
    that's a daft joke over here.

see ya
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Don't worry about it. That's what firewalls do. Pick up attempted intrusions. You fortunate you only had one. Sometimes they never stop.
  3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Midlands, England
    Virtually every computer on the internet is subject to a few hundred (sometimes thousand) attempted violations or intrusions per day. As long as you're up to date, or at least secure, attempted is what they will remain.