ATi Radeon 7200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by jdcruisin, Jan 21, 2002.

1. jdcruisin

jdcruisin Guest

For some goddamn reason I put this card in my computer and all I get is a beeping noise. It doesn't start Windows, or at least I can't see it. What should I do? Take the card back and get another the same model, or try another brand of video cards? Thanks in advance.

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

AGP, PCI? Is your bios set for the right type? Is your bios up-to-date?

3. jdcruisin

jdcruisin Guest

It's an AGP and the old card that was in there was AGP too, so I suppose the BIOS is set to AGP. I just got this machine a week ago and I am positive the BIOS is up-to-date.

4. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

ok, I think I know your problem...u have a micro tower PC with an on-board AGP graphics card but it also has an AGP expansion slot...when u put in the new graphics card in, all u get is beeps...u gotta set in the BIOS to use on-board as the default display device...then in Windows u can set your new card to default...the opening screen(the loading, Power On Self Test screen, etc)will all be going out your on-board card and windows will use your new card...I tihnk that should solve all your problems:D

5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I've been looking at brand new boards that already have bios updates... worth a look.