ATI MMC PVR records video, but no sound ??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DJ-phYre, Jun 13, 2004.

1. DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre To whom it may concern

I can record video fine in MMC, but there is no sound on the recordings. I can listen to live TV just fine with my ATI TV Wonder Pro. I have been encoding in 44.1 16 bit Stereo... anyone know what is wrong?

2. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

My suggestion would be to double check that you have the sound cable running from your sound card out to the audio in for the AIW's audio. I know it might seem bass-ackwards, but there are some settings in the MMC such as "record what I hear." make sure those are checked. It's been awhile since I've even used my MMC & corresponding hardware, but good luck. Remember, consider your signal path, source, and destination. It shouldn't be too difficult. If not try the forums at ATI or Rage-3D. Cheers, s_p

3. DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre To whom it may concern

I have it as line in... I really don't understand this program... it is weird...

4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

It is kind of a weird program, but it works for me. It should go from the ATI card to the Line In of your sound card like you said, so just make sure the right options are checked and you should be fine. If not, then I'm not sure what the problem would be.

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Make sure in teh windows sound control panel, you switch to recording view and have the line in turned up.

6. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Ah yes, and not muted. Good call. :)

7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

the other thing is during setup you have to specifiy the audio input...

8. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Did you get this working? I had the same problem with my WinFast PCi card when I put it in - I recorded a whole hour and then found it had no sound on it! Anyway for me tha answer was in the configuration of the software - in my case I had left source for recording audio as Line In when it had to be the same as that used for playing the audio - in my case I had to change it to Aux. And there was also a check box to enable recording of the audio. Could well be worth looking around your software's config. options for a resolution.