ATI cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by gmagnuson, Oct 23, 2002.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I have the ATI Radon 8500 64mb card and remember seing some where that there was some tweakes that allowed you to change settings that were not listed in normal documentation. I cannot remember... Can someone help me out? Thanks.

2. chronic

chronic Guest

3. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I thought that there were some features that allowed you to turn off the fog and other special effects, but I cannot find them....

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

depends entirely if you have the LE version or the regular retail version...

LE should be clocked @ 250/250 whereas the retail is clocked either @ 275/275 or 300/300

I recommend going to www.guru3d.com and getting the rage3d tweaker for the radeon cards...

it will allow you to ENABLE certain features that are by default off...

now remember if you have the LE version and enable the features that are only for the higher clocked retail version you MAY damage your card.. no guarantees... the LE is clocked lower and does not have the ability to use all the features without affecting performance compared to the retail card...

might also void warranties... use at OWN risk..

5. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Where can I find out if I have the LE version? Is it listed in my computer....

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well if you download ANY good overclocking it will tell you your clock speeds...

before you oc of course...

and if the default is 250/250 then you have the LE... else you probably have the retail or the 300mhz version...