Athlon XPs processors Shut down on reboot

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RogerPhillis, Jun 8, 2003.

1. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Any one using Chaintech mobos come across Athlon XPs ( 2200 /2400 etc ) that shut down on reboot.?

Works normally with earlier Athlon 1333Mhz (2100 DDR)
    Board is 7KJDO and latest Bios 25/9/02. supporting XP+ .

Most problems seem to be the opposite, of reboot on shut down or random reboot !

2. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

the problem is reboot on shutdown or shutdown on reboot?

3. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Why would you think this has anything to do with the AthlonXP?

4. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

often he said is >>
    I've thought that too .. maybe a BIOS setting ..

5. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

6. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

As mentioned the problem is " shut down on reboot "
    The problem is most likely to be bios related, although Chaintech do not seem to have come across it or they would have issued a bios update.

7. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

what u mean is when u restart... the pc is still "on" but it just cant reboot? if this the case... mostly i think it work be the hardware prob (mostly mobo)
    last time i had bought amd 2400+ and after i installed it (soltek mobo) the reboot problem occur. it is due to the mobo incompatibility with newer cpu! altho i oredi update the latest bios which support 2400+

8. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Thanks Bretenn

The problem is that Chaintech claims to support XP Athlon in the Bios Upgrade I use, which was adjusted late in 2001.
    I am now using the latest update from 26 9 02 (since it was issued ) which works as mentioned , on 1333Mhz, but not on 2200+ processor upwards.
    I also had a "standby mode" ACPI issue with the XP2200+ but this was sorted when fitting the XP2400+, with a beafier heatsink reducing the CPU temp to 45 C from 52 C

9. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

My fault, problem was removed by using PSU upgrade to 425 w, alhrough 350 probably would have done.