Athlon XP 1500

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by banter, Jul 3, 2002.

1. banter

banter Guest

I am thinking about overclocking my cpu, but have never overclocked anything before. First, does anyone know if it is possible to overclock Athlon Xp 1500 and if so will i need any extra cooling devices.
    Finally how do i actually do it ???

I know a bit about computers but am not too good so don't get it too complicated.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Hmmmmm, where to begin............. oh yeah ..........

3. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

well overclocking and better cooling solutions go hand in hand

as far as the overclocking process goes i have no clue other than changing fsb in bios
  4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    If you're electronically inclined, there are some VERY small contacts on the surface on the CPU, that if you bridge togther will unlock the multiplier on AMD XP Processors

Be warned. You could very easily damage your processor. or its staff are not responsible for damage done to your computer hardware as a result of attempting this hack.

5. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

Also keep in mind you void the warranty on the processor...and if you overclock, be sure to get a better heatsink/fan. I recommend the Volcano7 or Volcano7+, as lots of people use it (it is quiet) or a Coolermaster Super Heat Pipe (HHC-001?). But keep in mind that it shortens the life of your processor, not to mention cranking up the fsb can damage your mainboard as well. Tread lightly my friend.