ASUS bios updates

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

OnlyNewZ sends word about new ASUS bios updates, they included the changelogs.

- ASUS A8N SLI Premium
    - ASUS P5GD2
    - ASUS K8V Deluxe
    - And many more

Read more and download Details
  2. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

I just upudated last night to 1007 running the ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe. The ASUS update utility is awesome and it makes it so easy to update. So far no problems. Lee any idea when the 64 bit drivers will be available. They are saying they have betas out but I haven't seen any posted. The article also said that there are 64 bit drivers available on the motherboard CD ? I sure didn't find any.
  3. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Just a quick note on the Asus update utility.

Don't flash your BIOS directly from the Internet, download the file onto your disk first and then flash your BIOS.

Reason is if you just let it download/update all in one shot the bios sometimes ends up corrupted.
  4. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

thanks for the post man. i updated my 2 other servers and i got some nice mem features and all but still no final version for my board. lol gotta love asus
  5. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

Good to know for future flash. I appreciate it!
  6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Well for the A8V Deluxe MoBo the BIOS is not listed. But version 1011.005 Beta has been out since the 14th (04/14/05). Just use the Asus Update Utility through Windows and yer set.

But yes, just like American Zombie said. Save to HDD and then update/flash.