ASP and Cookies

G

gmagnuson

Does anyone know how to add a "remember username and password box?" The trick is is that all of that has to be tied into an access database which holds all of the usernames and passwords and then stored into a cookie on the users computer. I am lost. If you could provide some coding or any other assistance that would be greatly appreciated. The website uses ASP Scripting. Thank you.
Greg

What version of Access are you using? Why would you need to store it as a "cookie"? Some of the things you ask automatically happen if you send the VB code to the right application.

The database is in 97. I am not sure what you mean by "send the VB code to the right application. There are over 500 users on the site and I would like for it to have that feature so they do not have to remember it. (and it saves the webmaster some e-mails...) Thank you.

Originally posted by gmagnuson
Does anyone know how to add a "remember username and password box?" The trick is is that all of that has to be tied into an access database which holds all of the usernames and passwords and then stored into a cookie on the users computer. I am lost. If you could provide some coding or any other assistance that would be greatly appreciated. The website uses ASP Scripting. Thank you.
Greg

Storing usernames and passwords is no problem but why do you need to do this and for what purpose?

From Access V2 (the quickest) this has been available in at least ten different ways depending on the security required.

If you are passing information from one application to another, for instance "logging on" info. you need to look at microsofts site.

If you are trying to establish who (amongst) you users are logging on to what, and where on the internet, then you need to design some "fake" log-on screens which tell the users that they have typed in the incorrect password or username, save the info to a any table/field formatted in plain text. Then merely start the original application they called with the correct logon-screen. Most users will never notice. Only do this once.

What do you mean by the "users host computer". If you are a system manager then none of this should be neccessary, you would certainaly never record it in a "cookie" which just about everyone can access.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back