Arctic Silver

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Geffy, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Xsivforce,

I have some of the Arctic Silver left over from when I orgi used it. There is about 1mm (3/8 ths of an inch) of the stuff left in the syringe, do you think that would be enough to recoat a AMD Athlon CPU die, and do the base of a ThermalTake Volcano 7+.

Thanks

2. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

im not X =P but that should be enough

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Yes, it should be plenty. You only need a very thin layer spread evenly over the cpu die.

4. Geffy

OK, then, hopefully the next time that I am online, i will be using a volcano 7+, first I am going to check that the thing all works by plugging it into the PSU.

Wish me luck

5. xsivforce

Good luck. Just watch your temp at first to make sure it is OK.

6. Geffy

Done, damn that thing was difficult to get attached to the motherboard, there were a bunch of transistors in the way, but eventually I got it on. The temp is a bit higher than my old one but that will drop down after the Arctic Silver has weedled its way into the cracks and such. I think I will use the heatsink on Low for normal work, med for some games and High when I am not about to listen to it.

7. xsivforce

Let me guess, you have an Asus A7A266. Yes, the temp will drop a little as it settles in. :)

8. Geffy

catch, you calling me cheap, no I'm kidding, I used Arctic Silver 3, I call it Arctic Silver as it saves typing.

No XS, I have an ABIT KT7-RAID mobo.