Application Error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by badlar, Jan 5, 2002.

1. badlar

badlar Guest

Very nice forums you have here. I am sure I will spend a lot of time here. Question: Can anyone tell me what an "ossel MFC Application Error" is? I get this error when I try to run the CD's that came with new hardware. I can find what I want by going to explore on my CD drive but it will not let me just run the cd. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:confused:
  2. Speed4Ever

Speed4Ever Guest

Good question...

I know what an MFC Application Error is, but never heard of "ossel" before.

I'll see if I can dig something up on it. It doesnt seem to be anywhere in the MS knowledge base.

Is thise Ossel MFC got anything to do with information contained in the CDs?

3. badlar

badlar Guest

mfc app error

It doesn't appear to be related to whats on the CD. The 1st one was the CD that came with my mobo and the 2nd was the CD with my sound card. If I'm not mistaken, MFC is code isn't it?

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you find anything else.
  4. Speed4Ever

Speed4Ever Guest

Microsoft Foundation Classe Libraries.

I have no idea how it applies to this though.

You dont have any MS developer programs installed, do you?
  5. badlar

badlar Guest

App Error

None that I'm aware of. This is a new sys that I just built. Booted the sys for the first time, installed Win XP Home. Inserted the CD that came with the mobo to load some drivers and some utility programs that came with the mobo and I get that error. I sent an e-mail to MS a few days ago but have not gotten a reply. If you hear of anyone else getting this error please let me know. Thanks again.