application error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by greenze, Aug 19, 2002.

1. greenze

greenze Guest

At any instances, no matter what applications I run, i always got the following message

Error message;
    The instruction at "0x00491209" referenced memory at "0x00d3ea6c". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

What happens? How to solve this?

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

It means that you have a problem with your memory chips. If you have two separate sticks of mem, then remove one, test it, If prob goes away the removed stick is faulty. If prob still there, then test with other piece of RAM. The newly removed is faulty, but you are also testing the other to make sure it aint screwed as well.

If you only have one stick, then you need to see if you can nick some out of another PC for a bit, or buy some new.

If the problem still occurs with the new RAM (stuff that has not been in your system before) then you might have a motherboard problem.

3. allan

allan Guest

Yes, I'd run a ram diagnostic.

4. greenze

greenze Guest

what is the program ? Where can i download it ?

5. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

I think it might have something to do with your permissions - make sure that the account you are using is not limited.

6. greenze

greenze Guest

May I know how to find out ..cos the account Im using already have administrator rights.......