Apple iPod Settlement

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by muzikool, Jun 3, 2005.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

For anyone* with complaints about the iPod's battery performance.

Full Story

Settlement Terms

*No anti-Apple or anti-iPod replies, please.*

2. muzikool

Here's a bit more information for those who think they might have claims.

I. DEFINITIONS
    The following defined terms are used in this Settlement and this Notice.
    • First Generation iPod: First Generation iPods (iPod) are white and have a mechanical scroll wheel that physically turns and a Firewire port with no cover.
    • Second Generation iPod: Second Generation iPods (iPod Touchwheel) are white and have a touchwheel that does not physically turn and a Firewire port with a cover.
    • Third Generation iPod: Third Generation iPods (iPod with Dock Connector) are white and have a touchwheel that does not physically turn, a horizontal row of control buttons, and a dock connector.
    • “Battery Failure” means that the capacity of an iPod’s battery to hold an electrical charge has dropped to four hours or less of continuous audio playback, with earbuds attached, with respect to the Third Generation iPod, or five hours or less of continuous audio playback, with earbuds attached, with respect to the First Generation iPod and the Second Generation iPod.

Complete Notice (PDF)

3. n0d3

n0d3 the 4um stalker

Wow man... so this is what you're doing at "work"? You get paid for this? I feel trapped in an endless void of lies.

4. muzikool

It's called a total of half an hour paid breaks. :p

5. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

so i "broke" my ipod 2 weeks ago and i did an RMA thing online at apple.com and im waiting for them to send the box in which im suppose to return it in. errrr they said it got shipped may 21st and there's still no sign of it