Apple developing a two-button mouse...

SPeedY_B said:
A trackpad I'd imagine. Remember, X has an iBook. :)
Ah, that slipped my mind when I posted yesterday. :D

Then again, X, why would you wait for a two-button Bluetooth mouse from Apple when Logitech, Microsoft, Kensington etc. already have some slick ones? You'd get a scroll wheel (with middle-click to open new tabs in Safari/Firefox), along with a few extra buttons that you can map to other common tasks like Exposé.

Functionality over form, man. It's a computer after all, not an ornament (althougn Apple likes to think otherwise). Of course, it's up to you eventually. :)

NetRyder said:
So what do you use now?

An MSFT IntelliMouse. I feel like i am slowly burning a hole into my laptop with a mouse from MS. Okay, i am kidding, it is a pretty good mouse, but you know me, Apple :p.

And it is a good present for my birthday if it comes out in time.

NetRyder said:
Ah, that slipped my mind when I posted yesterday. :D

Then again, X, why would you wait for a two-button Bluetooth mouse from Apple when Logitech, Microsoft, Kensington etc. already have some slick ones? You'd get a scroll wheel (with middle-click to open new tabs in Safari/Firefox), along with a few extra buttons that you can map to other common tasks like Exposé.

Functionality over form, man. It's a computer after all, not an ornament (althougn Apple likes to think otherwise). Of course, it's up to you eventually. :)

Allready have a Microsoft mouse, USB none the less, but i like the Apple hardware. It has been designed in such a way which helps me do my job, as most of their stuff fits perfectly in my hands, whereas some of the mouses i have used, were either to high, to low or just did not do it for me.

If i don't like it, i won't get one. Simple as that.

NetRyder said:
The wording of the news report really had me laughing:

"the company is feverishly working on a two-button wireless optical mouse."
"Insiders warned that anticipation may continue to build for months as the company perfects the product."

Hahaha...almost makes it sound like they're spending half of their R&D budget on a mouse.
rofl.gif

I have to admit, those two lines had me going too :laugh:

TittleBitties said:
LOL...why did they never think of having 2 buttons till now? How could u even use a computer with one buttons?

I think it's something like Command + Click that emulates a right click (it's either command or that inane "Apple" button). A two button mouse would just avoid having to press keys. :p

BTW, the G4's at my alma mater had Logitech two-button scroll mice and they worked exactly like you'd expect a Windows machine would with one. Even the scroll wheel.

Melon

Yeah, Macs have supported 2-button mice for a while now. My Logitech MX700 actually has 7 buttons and a scroll wheel, and all of them have assignable functions. Aside from the 2 normal buttons, I've got scroll up/down buttons, an application switcher button (like ALT+TAB) and Copy/Paste buttons. By no means is the mouse less capable on a Mac!

muzikool said:
Yeah, Macs have supported 2-button mice for a while now. My Logitech MX700 actually has 7 buttons and a scroll wheel, and all of them have assignable functions. Aside from the 2 normal buttons, I've got scroll up/down buttons, an application switcher button (like ALT+TAB) and Copy/Paste buttons. By no means is the mouse less capable on a Mac!
Indeed. Just because Apple hasn't released a mouse with more then 1 button alot of people get the idea that Mac OS can't handle more then 1. This of course is not true as I'm using a 4 button + scroll wheel and I'm able to assign each button a fuction if I wish to do so. :)

Xie said:
Indeed. Just because Apple hasn't released a mouse with more then 1 button alot of people get the idea that Mac OS can't handle more then 1. This of course is not true as I'm using a 4 button + scroll wheel and I'm able to assign each button a fuction if I wish to do so. :)

Blasphemy, I cannot believe all of you apple addicts have MS mouses, where is your stand against the Corporate institutions? Against generic looking computers? Against things that don't acknowledge that form has a function on the desk? Against bad things in general?

you.....you...corporate sellouts, how dare you defile the sacred apple!!

this is sarcasm :laugh:

thats ok, i use my Apple 1 button mouse... LONG LIVE 1 BUTTON MICE! :D

falconguard said:
Blasphemy, I cannot believe all of you apple addicts have MS mouses...
I don't. I have a *cough*Kingsington*cough*. :D

Xie said:
I don't. I have a *cough*Kingsington*cough*. :D

You know, if you'd said that 20 years ago, people would have attacked you with pitch forks and "teh fires" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back