Apache web server issues with XP ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by katana, Dec 12, 2001.

1. katana

katana Guest

Hello,

I'd like to know if any of you is running apache on windows XP, or knows if there are any problems. I've been running it perfectly for 2 years on 2K, and now i get some weird errors on some scripts (on a POST, the page loads again and again quickly, the crashes in a DNS error... or sometimes it messes up the HTML code).

2. kingnothing

kingnothing Guest

I'm running the latest version of Apache on XP but haven't experienced any problems similar to yours. The only trouble I've had so far is getting UBB to work, but I haven't had time to check if my scripts are configured properly -- I don't think it's Apache's fault.

3. katana

katana Guest

Yeah, i think it is a template (smarty) related issue. Thanks :)

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Just remember, Apache for Win32 is still considered beta quality code (according to Apache's webpage), so you shouldnt expect everythng to work perfectly with Apache for Win32

JJB6486

5. katana

katana Guest

Apache for Win32 works very well, in fact. I'm running many test sites on my Win32 (temp) server, some of them being very heavy dynamic sites, and got no problems so far.

This one is just very weird, and i think it didn't occur until i install WinXP... but I'm not sure. Anyway, in the end i don't think it is apache related... probably sthg in my template :(