Aopen geforce 4 Ti 4200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by GhaLeoN, Sep 10, 2002.

1. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

heres the card,

What does everyone think of me buying an Aopen vid card? Will you laugh at me? Im pretty sure these guys arent renowned for making excellent vid cards, but is this one decent or what?

The reason is, that I can get this card for 300$ canadian, compared to 400$ for most other cards.

I've read a couple good reviews on this card, does anyone have one?
  2. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

3. pappcam

pappcam Guest

If you shop around you can get any GF4200Ti for $300.00 or less. I'm assuming you're Canadian. My card(check sig.) cost $299.00 locally here in Regina. If I can get that price here you should have no problem getting any brand you want.
  4. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

its hard to explain, but I can only shop at this one place to get this card for free - it will still cost $$$ but it won't be mine im spending ;p

i can get that Aopen card for 320$ and a visiontek Xtasy for 400$

Is it going to be worth the extra 80$ ? Will the Aopen card give me any probs?
  5. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

prices .. prices .. prices ..
    If you need a good card you must also think on a good brand .. My solution ( of cards generations ) is Leadtek ..

Prices here
    1.MSI Geforce4 Ti4200 = 278$
    2.MSI Geforce4 Ti4600 = 360$

Try to think before buying somethin
  6. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Might help if you post where those prices are from, Cosmin.
  7. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

no, you guys arent listening

Im getting either that Aopen card, or that visiontek card at no cost to myself, but at a cost to someone else.

So, money is a factor, but not that much b/c its not my money, get it?

so is the visiontek going to be that much of a better card for the 80$ or what?
  8. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

i got my msi geforce4 ti 4200 128mb for 190 dollars on, were the hell are you guys spenging 300 dollars on a low end card?
  9. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

lol dood,

read the post hehe. I'm canadian, so I pay more; yay! lolzlooll
  10. rodneyck

rodneyck Guest

Funny, I was going to buy this same card from, but instead got a Ti4200 card from It's probably about the same quality, lol. It works great, no problems, and the best part was the price, a steal.
  11. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    Aopen card should be fine. matter of fact, i'd try to stay away from visiontek since they went under. they don't exist anymore so you won't have any real warranty.
  12. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

I just ordered the Visiontek actually, but I could cancel the order.

Altohugh I'm sure they would have something in place if something wrong happened to the card at the store... perhaps give me a new one
  13. rodneyck

rodneyck Guest

Visionteks were nice cards, my first one was a GeForce 3, still runs like a dream. Yeah, you are taking a chance that something is going to go wrong, but if the store has a 30 day return policy, then chances are if it's going to break, it will happen before then, unless you overclock. lol. :p
  14. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

won't be overclocking the beotch :p
  15. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Get a Radeon 9700 Pro if you are gonna spend $350 to $400. It beats the Geforce 4 in near if not all 3D benchmarks.
  16. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

too late

went with the visiontek :p

and it is running sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  17. rodneyck

rodneyck Guest

nice dude... enjoy!!!
  18. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

HOT deal. Geforce 3 ti500 64mb for $97.00

Site Here