AOL owns the Internet

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
AOL wants its customers to tell it how to make the Internet better. The company's new TV ads talk about how it is making the Internet better, and how its customers can help as well. By implication, AOL owns the Internet. Now I'm going to have to stop using the Internet before it breaks.

By the way, did Al Gore sell AOL the rights to the Internet? :p

ha I've seen the ads and thought it was actually funny that AOL is trying to show that it is doing a favor for customers by adding protection but then they keep charging you when you cancel the service!

Tuffgong4 said:
ha I've seen the ads and thought it was actually funny that AOL is trying to show that it is doing a favor for customers by adding protection but then they keep charging you when you cancel the service!
so true...but the best way to get aol free is to say u r gonna cancle so then they beg u to stay with them by giving u 3 months free. I did that for a year :D

lol, i wish i could know why everyone hates, aol! i also wanna know why every online site that sends u an email has two links one for normal users and one for people with aol?

TittleBitties said:
so true...but the best way to get aol free is to say u r gonna cancle so then they beg u to stay with them by giving u 3 months free. I did that for a year :D
We used do that with NTL Cable TV.Used to get free cable for 3 months and free movies ;) Sadly they won't do it anymore :eek:

themafia_69 said:
lol, i wish i could know why everyone hates, aol! i also wanna know why every online site that sends u an email has two links one for normal users and one for people with aol?
Why do people hate AOL ??
  • The browser don't support HTML - which is why there are two links on every email you recieve ...
  • Customer support sux. You have a normal wait time of about three hours to talk to anyone ...
  • Never stay connected - You get booted about every five minutes, then it takes about two hours to reconnect ...
  • They don't cancel your service until they fell it feasable - When you cancell your service they still charge you. I know of people who got charged for six months after they cancelled the service. They refused to give a refund ...
  • The speed is slow ...
  • They raise their prices twice a year - I think it's 29.00 a mont now, if you pay with check instead of credit card. Unless you have it with another ISP, then it is $20.00. It used to be $5.00 if you had it with another isp.
  • People who first get a pc think they are cool and know everything because they have it. I call it the ISP for the computer illiterate.
There are more, when I think of them I will let you know. That commercial is the funniest thing I have ever seen. it is a total lie lol ... I see it and realize why they are losing an everage of about one million customers a quarter lol ..

Also Al Gore claims he did invent the invent the internet, as well as the earth lol ..

I hate AOL, a server I admin has been added to their mailserver blocklist so none of the users of the server can email AOL users, I spoke to AOL today about it and apparently an AOL user has to register the issue with AOL support.
I mean ffs I am the admin there should be simple and easy methods in place for me to get this done myself.
And dont tell me to use their postmaster@aol.com system as that just sends you an automated response to call them anyway, regardless of the information you send them.

ok so if the browser doenst support html cant they use ie or mozilla?

I thought their browser was based off of Netscape code and just recently they have or are thinking of going back to IE

Ways to improve the net? Rid it of AOL users, they're effing morons.

mafia, if you don't get it, you probably never will. Just think though, there must be reasoning for all these people to despise and detest AOL. :p

Market speak... There is one thing AO-Hell could do to help improve the Internet for all of us however. They could stop handing out them AO-Hell keyboards. You know, the one's with the caps lock key stuck, which makes everything their users type, come out in all caps :D

On a more serious note though, my mail box would be happier if it didn't get so many AOL CDs in it...

Johnny said:
[*]The speed is slow ...
[*]They raise their prices twice a year - I think it's 29.00 a mont now, if you pay with check instead of credit card. Unless you have it with another ISP, then it is $20.00. It used to be $5.00 if you had it with another isp.
I have a friend I keep trying to ween off of AOHell, I keep sitting him at my Verizon DSL-equipped PC, which I pay the exact same amount he's paying for AOHell dialup. I think if you stay on AOHell long enough, they brainwash you with subliminal messages so you don't EVER wan't to cancel.:p
Has to be...I just can't imagine why people would want to pay that much EVERY month for crap.

themafia_69 said:
ok so if the browser doenst support html cant they use ie or mozilla?
Well AOL uses a crippled and even less standard following version of IE. They could use IE or Mozilla but would have to cut/paste as anything inside of the AOL "portal" for lack of a better way to put it defaults to AOL's version of IE. And yes they own netscape (who founded Mozilla) but have yet to roll out a 100% Netscape version of AOL as the standard version. Anyhoo enough AOL as it makes me head spin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back