AOL IM Mem Leak?

Originally posted by monmusion
5.1.3036 I had already posted it in this thread :)
'doh. Thanks.

Well, I have 3 machines running. Version 4.7 is at 8, 5.0 is at 8 and 5.2 is at 24. Trillian holds rock solid at 11, with a bunch of added goodies running. :cool:

5.2x 'About' notes:
"A portion of this software is derived from the RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm."

I'm guessing it's just the new code which accounts for the memory increase for this particular version.

Fjark all of you for sparking my curiosity on this one. :mad: :D

OK, well i have the newest aim, i maxed my profiles, put on all the bells and whistles, and have my buddy list maximized and it takes up, get this 7mb. So all of you should give all your pc's to me....No i have NO idea why that is seriously.

I have no idea why this is sooooo much memory usage. It seems all the people using 4.x are doing just fine. I think I will just use Trillian or find an older AIM client. Trillian's fonts and colors can be changed, too, I hear. Hmm

I've contacted AOL about the inconsistent memory usage. We'll see if/when they respond to my inquiry. :)

Well then, I'll just ensure that the answer they give you doesn't have to be a double post :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back