Anyone Use FIX IT 4.0??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by XpGuy1, Jan 16, 2004.

1. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

For those that don't know what it is its an all in one fix it program it has lots of nice tools to use to tweak your machine. Comes with a nice anti virus program that stays constantly updated.. (new updates almost weekly ) and severall other tools Anyone who's used it or is using it please tell me what you think. I know there is an upgrade to ver 5.0 but i'm curious about this version in particular.

2. davmail

davmail Bike Pilot!

Not as good as Version 3 Fix It.

I did NOT like version 4 of Fix-It,it got rid off the 'Win Customizer' and the 'auto update' refused to work,I went back to version3, you can still update the anti-virus for free from the VCom website. :cool:

3. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

I stopped using it after the reg fixer screwed up windows

:(

4. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

I have been lucky... i have had no problems what so ever with it.. it works well i've been using it for almost a year on my 'test' machine i'm considering moving it to my "main" machine this weeeknd.. Reg Fixer might be the only util i haven't used.

5. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

I have fix it. Its a awsome program cept like 2 times i did one of the programs and it deleted all my songs and movies from kazaa! i was so mad. o well i only had like 20 things but still i have dial up that takes along time!!!!

6. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

i would reccomend people to use this... the only way it could delete your files and damage the registry if thats what you told it to do... i have always checked the options carefully and it has always been fine for me.. although i noticed that when its running in the task bar after a while it really starts to lag windows.. i remember closing all the auto stuff so the task bar was not there and it worked perfect and i still use it to this day.

7. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

Its def a neat little program with lots of little tweaks...