Anyone here can recomend a good tv?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by psx2000, May 17, 2003.

1. psx2000

psx2000 Guest

Anyone here can recomend a good tv?

Im moving to california and curious what would be a good tv to get or anyone know a good URL with TV reviews.

The TV will be used mostly for games and dvd movies.

The price range cap is $4k.

ALso if anyone knows any good stores in the pomona area to look at and purchase TVs let me know.

Your help is appreciated.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I personally would look at any of the sony line

IMHO sony t.v. are some of the best

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

yep, sony ones are the best.

go with a 50" one!

They are well cool! :)
  4. ironguy

ironguy Guest

Projection, Plasma, or Tube

For tube TVs, nobody beats a Sony Wega

For projection Mitsubishi is top notch

For plasma, take a look at the Samsungs. (Pioneer and Runco are tops but $$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Go to Hometheatermag and do some browsing.

Also think about whether you want HDTV and Home Theater.

Size will depend on viewing distance. Don't buy anything that has a diagonal measurement that is more than half the distance from the set. You don't want to sit 8 feet away from a 60 inch TV - more like 10 feet minimum. If your room is 12 feet wide, take off 2 feet for TV depth and chair, that leaves 10 feet, or 120 inches. You could go up to a 60 incher!

OK. Get a 60 inch plasma TV. Oh wait...only $4k!
  5. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Petal, Mississippi
    I have a 19" Hitachi Color TV/Monitor that I purchased in December 1984 from the BX at Yokota AB, Japan and it still has the best picture of any TV I currently or have ever owned and I have had Zenith & Panasonic TV's in the past! That thing just keeps on playing and playing and it has been shipped around the world about three times already and still has a wonderully clear picture and we watch videos on it about three nights a week and with the external speakers still sounds good! I know it'll die eventually - sure will miss it!
  6. WAM

WAM Guest

Sony ? you gotta be joking....I just come from my friends place and watched a dvd on a LOEWE (vitreos).you wont believe your eyes...........

Theyre not cheap, but if i ever get a new tv im getting one of those
  7. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

samsung or sony...