Anyone else use This???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bheagle, May 7, 2002.

1. bheagle

bheagle Guest

I know Windows Commander has been around a long while, but I was wondering how many people besides me use this WONDERFUL program..

For as far as I can see it still kicks butt over any other file manager.

Just wondering.....

oh and in case you've never heard of it...
    Here is a link go get to the homepage!

:p

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Never used it, never heard of it!!.. :rolleyes:

3. I've been using Windows Commander since version 1.5. It was a natural move from Norton Commander. I liked it so well that I used it for a while as a replacement for the Program Manager under Windows 3.1. As far as I'm concerned, Ghisler is one of the best, ought to get an award for his work.

4. bheagle

bheagle Guest

I fully agree, and I am still hoping for the day he makes it SKINNABLE... hehehehe

I have included a screenshot of mine..

CUSTOM COLORS OF COURSE...

5. bheagle

bheagle Guest

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Didn't like Windows Commander when I tried it, but that was quite a while ago. So I use Norton Commander instead. Windows version of course. It's getting old now so maybe I should try Windows Commander again :)

7. dijital

dijital Guest

i'm with stuy_b

8. bheagle

bheagle Guest

Try it...you'll like it...

it will also see all those index.dat files they are talking about... without jumping through hoops to see them...

9. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

(Lazy so I ask instead of trying myself ;))
    Is there a built in text editor in Windows Commander? The one in NC rocks since you can edit both Windows, Mac and Unix formated text files (CR+LF, just CR and just LF) without getting the icky black boxes you get in notepad.

10. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

What does it do, that I cant do already????

I can see those index files now.. no problem!!.

I just booted to safemode/Administrator, looked in docs & settings etc and saw and deleted index.dat, searched too, 2 double check and alls clean now. :)

11. bheagle

bheagle Guest

with windows commander you don't have to boot to safemode/Administrator for one.

it's basically an all together good program.. the editor in it can be set up to use ANY program you'd like...

go read about it here http://www.ghisler.com