Any New Dvd Burners Coming Out Soon?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by psx2000, Sep 12, 2002.

1. psx2000

psx2000 Guest

I was in the market to buying a DVD Burner and was curious if any new models will be coming out say in the next 2 months. With basiclly a faster write speed.

I know they burn at 2x a dvd in 30 minutes but is there any 3x or 4x possible coming out?

Thank you for the time it takes to respond I greatly appreciate it.

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I don't know but I would recommend that you get a DVD+RW burner and not a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM burner. Seems like the DVD+RW is going to be the future standard (I hope).

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I heard last week that Sony is going to develop a DVD-writer which can deal with all the current standards, except for DVD-RAM, since these discs come in cases, just like minidiscs. I would keep an eye on the latest technews (like NTFS.org) to see how it develops...
    I agree with Zedric that DVD+R(W) has currently the biggest market. But another mayor player in the DVD-business is Apple and they use DVD-R(W) discs.
    I you want to decide now, go for DVD+RW.

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Definately. As far as I know DVD-RW doesn't support multisession or buffer underrun prevension. DVD+RW does.

5. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

To be on the safe side I would go with sony for now, they are going to be supporting both DVD-RW and DVD+RW, so that way you won't have to worry about wich one is going to go out of style!!!:D

6. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

God :eek: 2X!
    and how much does it cost?200!?