Annoying Messenger Service popup

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Don_Choa, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Don_Choa

Don_Choa OSNN Junior Addict

Hi, I'll like to know if there is any solution to block the annoying messenger pop up. I have the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro, before it completly block the pop up, but now, it seem that the ZA doesnt block it aymore, or it block a part of it. I'll like to know if there is any solution to stop the pop up.
    And Ill also like to know what cause these annoying pop. Some say it came from the windows xp software, i personnaly dont believe that. I think it came from the new msn messenger or with the sponsor program from msger plus!. (even when u install it, they ask you if u want to install the sponsor).
    any help, answer will be appreciate.

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

http://www.popupstopper.com/

It doesn't completely stop them but it closes them as soon as they open you only see a flicker on the screen.

It does sometimes stop desired popups. You have to turn it off to view some desiered web popups.

3. If you mean that popups titled Messenger something, it has nothing to do with MSN or Windows Messenger. This is a very common occurance. There are lots of questions posted on this forums concerning this problem and most of those has preventation measures.

Why didn't you use search? I got lots of hits.

4. Don_Choa

Don_Choa OSNN Junior Addict

OK. I found it. Close this stupid thread.

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Messenger popup posts ad nauseam :) Is there a sticky on that?

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

thread closed