An Angry Open Letter To Paramount

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by VenomXt, Jul 6, 2006.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

What is it about big companies shooting themselves in the foot? This is a copy from the movieblog. Maybe the old people in these companys dont understand how the internet's social constructs work. But i bet the neg publicity this event makes at least shows them a lesson. though some would say any publicity is good publicity.

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Good for him, but he's already bringing it publicity by writing and posting that letter :)

If he gets interviewed on TV/Radio/Newspaper it's only going to hype the movie more, al be it probably negatively.

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Too many hosting companies panic and pull whole sites offline.

When we ask our clients to remove content, thats all they get removed. The only sites we force offline at work are sites we're presented with court orders to close down or phishing sites... and we're just a small to medium sized datacentre... It makes me wonder how jittery folks are.

4. kcnychief

Don't know the details of the request though, maybe Paramount wanted the whole site taken down for the offense.

5. VenomXt

He certainly needs to clarify the situation around the site being shut down. But like lord said I imagine it was the safe move for the host against someone with deep pockets.

And as I said in my first post sometimes any publicity negative or positive can be viewed as “good”. But this whole attitude really does foreshadow something’s to come on the internet with intellectual property in the forms of content copyrights.

6. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

Did you guys read what's going on now? Pretty interesting stuff...

I would be furious if someone shut down one of my sites by force before even contacting ME about it.

7. VenomXt

Intresting development indeed.

8. kcnychief

Interesting developments indeed.