AMD/ATI Catalyst 6.12 Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lkyng, Dec 14, 2006.

1. lkyng

lkyng OSNN Addict

Catalyst® 6.12 Drivers and ATI Multimedia Software for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition
    Download Catalyst 6.12

madmatt likes this.
  2. roj

roj OSNN One Post Wonder

Well, pleasing as it is to see the upgrade, the instructions seem a bit over the top? BEFORE installing REMOVE the graphics card?

Would a simple graphics card DISABLE via Control Panel be sufficient or am I risking all? Has anyone actually installed this with or without the graphics card enabled?

Before leaping off the edge of this cliff, is anyone halfway down and still shouting Yippee?

Your thoughts/reminiscences/regrets would be much appreciated.
    roj :rolleyes:

3. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

When it says remove the graphics card, I think it means remove the existing drivers and software. Although I have to admit I haven't always done that and haven't noticed any problems. :)

4. roj

roj OSNN One Post Wonder

Well, NO!! It (the instruction set - I believe in RTFM, I really do) is very explicit about disconnection, remove catches, strip old s/w before loading. First time I have ever been told to do all this and it does make me nevous. So, back to my original query - has anyone else tried this upgrade without card removal? Surely someone is less wary than me? Where are all the first timers who madly rush in where this angel fears to tread?
    roj